Author Topic: Ken Akamatsu Starts Free Manga Download Site  (Read 872 times)

Offline 6pack

• Daimyoo
Ken Akamatsu Starts Free Manga Download Site
« on: November 22, 2010, 05:16:10 PM »
Ken Akamatsu, king of harem manga, is starting a free manga download site for out-of-print titles called “J-Comi,” and has announced all 14 volumes of Love Hina will be its first release.

The service is completely free and without any time restrictions
    Authors receive payment based on ad views/clicks
    J-Comi themselves take a 0% commission
    The comics will also be distributed as PDFs so anyone can read them
    There is no DRM and copies can be made freely and given to friends

The beta test, consisting of all 14 volumes of Love Hina, is to begin on the 26th of November. Further manga (seemingly intended to cover mainly out of print titles) should follow, and Akamatsu himself says he expects other mangaka to take advantage of the service.

Judging from the screenshot provided, the comics will be accessible through a simple web reader as well as in PDF, a not infrequently despised format, and the comics themselves should be available in high resolution PDFs.

J-Comi’s official site is not yet open, but will be coming soon.

Source: Sankaku Complex (site absolutely not for minors, NSFW, etc). If you are offended by nudity - both 3d and 2d, do not visit it.

Offline Kyo

• Global Moderator
  • Shogun
  • I go where I please. I kill where I go.......
Re: Ken Akamatsu Starts Free Manga Download Site
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 08:57:21 AM »
I remember the times when I used to love Akamatsus work... specifically the time before I finished reading the Love Hina manga (the last 3-5 volumes) and then regrettably embarking upon the task of reading Mahou Sensei Negima.

More often than not... his stories start to get too damned 'out there' (even by anime standards) by the time they approach their climax and the harem usually has an unsatisfying and very predictable ending... the main characters usually are whiny and annoying while the supporting cast (which does most of the heavy lifting) usually gets a raw deal in terms of development and closure.

Anyway.... this single act could mean redemption for him... at least in my eyes... since I do not doubt that he already has many avid fans...

My Latest Sketch!!

Offline nicoleb

• Rurou
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 01:10:16 PM »
Manga sites are hard to keep running with all these "anti-piracy" nazis running around. >_> They seem more annoyed about illegal manga-sharing than they do about illegal anime-sharing, for some reason. Doesn't make any sense.

Offline nickjeromana

• Rurou
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 12:19:44 PM »
Does anyone have a suggestion for English version of this site?

When will A.I. Love You (A.I. Tomarnai ga...whatever it is) become an anime?!!

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Cargo design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.26 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.019s, 3q)